Sister Taylor and I are staying together for another transfer! We are hoping it's two more 🤞🏻 but we're so happy we get more time together! She has helped me so much and we work really well together. I am a little worried about bawling my eyes out when she leaves. 😅 but we've got another 6 weeks until that happens.
In Springfield, which is about 25 minutes north from us, they have a huge Nativity program every year that has been going on for years now. 19, to be exact. It was 4 days long, Thursday through Sunday. They have a live nativity outside with actors and music and narration and then inside the cultural hall, they have hundreds and hundreds of nativity sets that people from all over the stake have brought to be displayed and they set up the gym to be like back in the time of Mary and Joseph. They have live entertainment every night from Branson so people come from far away to see them and the nativity. It was pretty fun and they did an amazing job with decorating.
All the missionaries were there to meet people and to talk to them. We met a lot of really neat people and had great discussions. We met a girl and her mom and they are from our area. They've been beginning to read the Book Of Mormon together but just aren't ready to meet with the missionaries so we got to meet them and get to know them and show them that we're not scary! We're just normal humans who love Jesus just as much as everyone else. 😁 They were both very kind and warm and I hope things work out with them!
WE SAVED A KITTEN! Sister Taylor heard a meow and looked outside but didn't see a cat but saw some rustling in the leaves outside our door and saw a baby kitten climbing inside! We went out and got a towel, wrapped it up, gave it some tuna and water, and then drove to the humane society and they told us they probably won't have room for it but to wait until the lady in charge got there. While we were waiting, we learned that it's a girl and that she waited the whole time she was on my lap in the car to pee until she was on a hard floor! Bless her heart. 😊 But when the lady showed up, she told us they miraculously had a kennel open to take her. #blessings 😺 she was so stinking cute.
Well, that seems to be about all in the last 5 days. It seems like the time is flying past. There's not a lot of teaching going on in our area, but more people have told us that they are blessed and strengthened in our presence so we know we are not failing. We have a couple of people that are moving along but are being bombarded with trials before they meet with us. I know it's the adversary trying to withhold them so we're working on how to overpower the strength of the darkness without overstepping our bounds.
Thank you to all for the wonderful notes, letters, and thoughtful prayers and words of comfort and strength. They help push along on this journey of ups and downs and I'm so thankful for the blessings of wonderful people. I love you all and I will have more next week. 😊🤟🏻❤
![]() |
| The coolest district this side of the Mississippi. |
![]() |
| Light tunnel! |
![]() |
| The most amazing Christmas lights! |
![]() |
| me, Sister T and Elder Barr |
I met David Osmond! My mom loves David Osmond! And so do I. :) he's actually a big goofball! Haha :)







The South is a pretty difficult mission. I had exactly one baptism. It was a twelve year old boy from an inactive member family. His name was Pippin. I met so many generous and wonderful people though.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a really fun p-day. I would have loved something like that. I spent a bunch of time in downtown New Orleans on p-days. I remember so much good seafood too. There were some really wonderful things down there.
Love you