Hosting in the MTC is a special opportunity. It's where we get to be outside the car when the new missionaries get dropped off and help them with their luggage while they hug their families, take pictures, and then take them under our wing and show them around while they get their stuff and head to their classroom. It was really fun! I got to help 2 sister missionaries. Sister French and Sister Page. Sister French if from North Carolina and I can't remember where she's going. (Sorry, sister!) And Sister Page is from Australia and going to Temple Square! It was really fun to be a mother hen and tell them how wonderful it is here and how great they are going to be.
We were a little late when I was getting dropped off but I'm glad we were because when my mom and dad dropped me off, we got to have a little extra time with each other and it was pretty laid back. And because of that, I didn't have a host. I had an MTC worker help me so when I got asked, I was worried that I wouldn't know what to do! But they helped out a lot with a little orientation before and it was really fun. The MTC really is a magical place!
Sister Chandler and I have become quite the team. We work together so well that sometimes, we can tell when the other person needs something before they even know it! We've become each other's sounding board, confidant, and constant reminder to not forget my badge, card, or coat. (Bless her heart. I forget everything.) I remind her to drink lots of water and she reminds me to read and study. You can tell where the more mature one is. 😂 Haha We've grown close and it will be hard to say goodbye. We will have each other on the plane, thankfully! We got our flight information and we have to be in the travel office at 3:45 in the MORNING! WHAT?!? It's so crazy early! That's not early, that's so late at night. 3 in the morning is not morning. It's crazy is what it is.
Haha But I know that I can do it with Sister Chandler there. :)
Also, this world is so tiny. I was in class and Brother Smith, our teacher, had another teacher came in and helped out. His name was Brother Cowley and he looked vaguely familiar but not enough to where I knew who he was. After a little while in class, it hit me and I asked him if he was related to a Jessica Cowley and he said "Yeah..." Haha and I asked if she had a twin and he said " Yes!" He's cousins with one of my homegirls! She was one of my roommates in college and helped me SO much! She's one of the sweetest humans I've ever met and it was SO COOL that I got to meet him! I told him how much I love her and I think it freaked him out because I love her a lot. Haha just kidding. But it was really fun :)
This week was a really a good week. I've seen that I haven't been fully committed in following all the rules so I've changed my prayers to help me develop a love for the MTC and the rules they have. There has been a drastic difference in my happiness and effectiveness as a missionary and a companion. I know that through following all the rules and suggestions, I will be blessed and my mission purpose will become a joy to live and not a burden. I reread one of my all-time favorite talks by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf called "The Love of God". If you haven't read it at all or in a while, look it up, print it out, and soak in the words and teachings. It is quite a powerful and real talk. He makes it clear how much the characteristic of love should be involved. As I read it, a part stuck out to me that says "When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves us, the confusion clears and our priorities align. Our walk as disciples of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on new meaning. Our relationship with our Heavenly Father becomes more profound. Obedience becomes a joy rather than a burden."
As I read that, I knew that I needed to develop a more Christlike love for all of those around me and even a love for the MTC rules because they are there to eventually bless me in the end. And I know that as I work on that, the mission field will become a breeze as I follow diligently. It will also carry on with me through life and will allow me to draw closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as I continue to keep the commandments and covenants that allow me to be truly free and happy.
I love you all so much and I'm grateful for all the support and love. It means so much to my heart.
Remember to be kind and show your Christlike love to everyone you meet. I promise it will bless you. :)
I love you!
-Sister Young
![]() |
| All the sisters in our zone! We love them SO MUCH. |
![]() |
| Our entire zone |
![]() |
| Elders Thompson and Carman photobombed a Sisters selfie. 😁 |
![]() |
| We're very happy to wear jeans 😂 |




No comments:
Post a Comment