Ah, what it would be like to put on pants in the morning, not have to track your daily miles you drove, jam out to Kelly Clarkson and Celine Dion, and use those blessed iPhones.
But ain't nobody got time fo dat! I'm busy serving the Lord! 🤘
Last Monday was the start of a very cold week. We had snow and chilly weather for about 4 days and everyone was freaking out. They canceled things and went into hiding almost and Sister Taylor and I weren't even phased. This snow ain't got nothin on Idaho. Haha :)
On Tuesday, we had Zone Conference. That was incredible. Elder Kopichskie came and spoke to us about so many things but the spirit was SO strong, he even commented a couple of times that it was such a powerful spirit that was felt there. He talked about the importance of helping others on their path and being there to assist them through the steps; reaching out to them rather than making them come to us. He talked about being human missionaries; that we need to relate experiences from our own lives and talk about what we know to be true from our own discovery. We need to preach our truths along with the Lord's truths. He opened up the floor to ask questions and I asked one that I thought was pretty dumb but I kept feeling it come to mind so as I asked it, I started to cry. He locked eyes with me and gave me the most profound, loving answer I honestly didn't know I needed. It was a great experience for me. Afterward, I was talking with some Sisters and President Strong while Sister Taylor got interviewed by Elder Kopichskie (so cool!) And I didn't even realize that a sister had written a note and put it in my bag about how much she loved me and how she wanted to reach out in love because of my question. It was so amazing and lifted my spirits that I didn't know needed lifted! It was an awesome day. Truly amazing.
The rest of the week has been spent locating and getting to know members, but with little luck. We seem to always find members homes and they're never home. So we'll knock on doors around and the rejection is strong here. 😅 man, people aren't just rejecting the gospel, they reject humans at all cost. No one likes people knocking on their doors! It's so weird. I just want to ask them, " THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE ONE?" I just want people to love each other, assume the best, and believe in the goodness in people! It's not that hard! But, we're still making the most of it.
We were walking around an apartment complex and had just gotten shut down even by a members mom so we were getting more bitter and then we saw some people moving things out of the back of a truck. We walked up to them and asked if we could help and they told us noon the next day, thinking it was a joke. They were very surprised to see us waiting in the parking lot the next day at 12:45 to help them! It was a recently single mom with two little girls. She was moving out of her home with her girls to get away from her ex. We left her with our information and asked if we could come back later and check on them and she happily agreed. It was awesome!
Church was all day yesterday. From 8:45 to 5:30. But the wards are getting fired up for missionary work and it's going to be great. I'm so happy with the progress we have already made in getting closer to the members and the families. They don't see us as a nuisance anymore! They give us hugs and are happy to see us! So I'm very grateful for them. :)
Thank you for all the letters and emails and love. It's such a blessing to me to receive advice, love, and support from all those in my family and ward family and friends. It means so much to me; I can't stress my thank yous enough. :) I love you all and I'm grateful for you!
🤟❤
![]() |
| Elder Hahn and Elder Findley came to help us with a service project, those blessed humans. They didn't complain once, for a whole 4 minutes. 😂 |
![]() |
| Zone Conference picture. (: |
![]() |
| Winter has hit and Sister T and I are happy about it! |
![]() |
| A picture from interviews from 2 weeks ago. I love these people. :) |





No comments:
Post a Comment