Yes! We had a baptism this week! His name is Stephen and he is the most hilarious kid. He loves the gospel and was so excited to get baptized. He has some autism and struggled to understand the deep concepts but he has an understanding of the gospel and loves it very much. It was wonderful to watch the ordinance of baptism and it reminded me a lot of my own. It was such a great day of peace and joy. I'm so glad I made the decision to be baptized and follow Jesus Christ's example.
We had interviews with President Strong on Friday. We drove down to Branson which is about 25 minutes south of us and had a workshop about being dedicated and working hard. It was really fun to be with everyone and be with the zone.
Meeting with President Strong was a tender mercy. Something about being able to talk about how you're doing to someone who cares really can change a mindset. After we talked, it changed my outlook on ministering. Earlier this last week, we held an "MTC" for the Relief Society and we talked about different scenarios and how we can minister and it made me understand that one thing that others need is to be listened to. There's a feeling of love and acceptance that comes from being listened to and that's one of the greatest ways we can serve others.
We go to an assisted living for the mentally-ill to visit a member there and he and his roommate read a chapter with us every Sunday night. Byron is the member and he loves the Bible and the Book of Mormon more than anyone I've met. His roommate is Charles and he has one tooth in his mouth and one dead eye but LOVES hugs and LOVES us sister missionaries. They have sweet sweet spirits and we love being around them and hearing all the things they tell us. Pretty soon, we have a whole group of people at the table telling us stories and about what makes them happy and what they look forward to. This last Sunday, two more people asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon and they got so excited about it, and it all came from listening to them. :)
Just today, we went to Goodwill and I told a lady I liked her tattoos and she continued on to tell me about her incredible life story about her past meth addictions and her struggles to know what she should do and after, I gave her a hug and she said she felt so blessed to be heard.
This week has taught me a lot about how we can become more like Christ and I've learned that it's a lot less of doing what Christ did and more of thinking and loving and acting the way Christ did.
I'm so grateful for all of you and for the part you play in my journey. I'm grateful for the kindness you show to others and for your role in making this world better. Keep pushing forward and, I'm going to be bold, and read the Book of Mormon. I promise if you do it with real intent of heart, you will find joy and peace. It may be subtle, but I promise it will be there.
I love you so much! ❤🤟
![]() |
| Charles and me. I tried to get him to smile but he kept dunkin his head. Silly goose. |
![]() |
| Sister Taylor, yours truly, Sister Staples (Stephen's mom), Stephen, and Brother Dergess. |
Sister Francis, my sister training leader for the zone, was showing off her sweet skills. I tried to attach one of her "dunking" 😂 but it was too big!


No comments:
Post a Comment