Growing up in the church was not the difficult part. The difficult part was not understanding how important the gospel was behind the church. I hadn't really grown my own understanding of Jesus Christ and His gospel my entire life. I knew bits and pieces and the Holy Ghost had burned in my heart the truthfulness of others testimonies, but looking back, I can see that it wasn't a real part of me and who I was. So, I left it on the back burner, I didn't make an effort to take part in it. I knew that it was important, but it just wasn't important to me.
And then I lost one of the dearest friends my world will ever know. She was the essence of strength and the ultimate goal of a human being to me. It rocked my world to think that what had happened really happened. I found myself so incredibly sad and my heart just shattered for her family and loved ones and her gorgeous, amazing, wonderful children. I wanted so badly to have her back, but I will never forget spending a couple minutes with her in preparation for the viewing and I knew, without a shadow or glimmer of a doubt where she was. I knew that she was alive and progressing and living and watching over her loved ones, her children, and even me.
The Holy Ghost spoke to my heart and testified of the truthfulness of Gods Plan of Salvation; something I had learned years ago but had not fully grasped. Now, I knew why the knowledge of where we came from, why we're here, and where we are going was so powerful. It brought me hope. It brought me help. It brought me peace. I knew that this was knowledge for every single one of Gods children and it had to be shared.
The peace and the hope that Christ's gospel brings is absolutely for you and every human you see. I was not converted because I had not applied it. It wasn't until I actively turned towards my Savior and learned more of the healing and hope that comes from him that I found the truest form of joy I have ever felt. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for Emily and for the lessons she taught me by her righteous example and Christ-like living. I'm grateful for #myconversionstory
Please take some time to share with me, with your family, with someone you don't know about what brings you joy and share your conversion story. Let's come together to build and celebrate each other and come unto Christ together!

No comments:
Post a Comment