What a GREAT WEEK! Wow. Such a good, spiritually uplifting, exciting, wonderful week!
First off, my spiritual nugget for this week is the talk entitled "Patience, a Key to Happiness" by Elder Joseph B Wirthlin. It's so incredible!
The beginning of this last week was busy with Sister Pierce saying bye to the people in the ward and packing. (Sister missionaries have SO MUCH STUFF.) Then, Thursday came and I had to say goodbye to my snack sized, cute companion. She will do so wonderful on her mission. She has the biggest heart and it's ready to tackle the rest of her mission like a boss. I'm so excited for her.
Because Sister Pierce left at 9 in the morning and my next comp wasn't expected until 4 PM, I was companionless! So I stayed at the church with a whole bunch of elders and I felt so weird! I wasn't supposed to be there alone! 😂 But then three other sisters came in and I was saved. Haha they ended up staying to wait for transfers so we played an awesome game of "Bentonvillopoly". It was so fun!
We made the decision to go to B-dubs for lunch at 11:30 with all the missionaries there at the church so during the game, I had a property that an Elder wanted and he kept trying to make a deal and I kept saying no. So me, being me, offered a deal that if he bought me wings at lunch, he could have it. And he accepted!! So my lunch was paid for. All for a property in a game that doesn't really matter. 😂 it was really fun tho!
Then cute Sister Kepler showed up! She's from Pocatello Idaho and has only been out 3 months! I'm so excited to be her companion. She is an incredible hard worker and we are so ready to take on Bella Vista! After she got a little settled in, we went to dinner with the Raby's, our ward mission leader and his wife. They are so sweet and excited to have someone new!
On Friday, we did lots of service and had a pretty packed day with unpacking and service from 8 am till about 4 PM and then dinner and then studies. It was a good, fun day. All the places we serve already love her like I do!
Saturday was fun. We got ready for an appointment but then it canceled so since we were already up there, we drove to a neighborhood and started tracting because Sister Kepler loves tracting.... I do not. 😅 but she's determined to help me and I'm so grateful for it because I need the help! We had knocked on a couple doors and nothing. And then we're walking past a house and Sister Kepler decides she wants to knock on the door. Well, we have to walk into the carport because there's no front door and the windows are all boarded up and the blinds on the door are all bent and broken and I'm a freaking out a tiny bit inside, but singing primary songs to keep me calm. Then she knocks on the door and a beast on the inside with the most soul racking bark starting barking inside and that didn't help me. And then I hear Sister Kepler say, so nonchalantly, "oh man, it's so awkward when they have cameras." And I look up and there is totally a recording cam in the corner. So I grabbed her and and was like "NOPE. WE'RE LEAVING." and Sister Kepler is just laughing her head off. It was a great freak out. 🙄 oh man.
But we tracted some more and met some nice people. It was definitely an experience. :)
Then that night was the ward variety show where we got to see everyone's talent and they warmly welcomed the new sister. It was a really fun, ward family night!
Sunday, church was canceled because we got snow!! and with the kind of roads and conditions Bella Vista has, we can't leave our apartment because it's too dangerous with the ice and snow. So we stayed in and rested and studied and planned and then went to dinner at the Raby's again. They treat us so well. :)
All in all, it was a great week. I'm so excited for the hard work ahead and for the challenges and difficulties but also for the growth and opportunities. I hope you all have a great week and keep reading and praying.
Also, a great quote from Sister Kepler tonight: "Missionary work is just a hard, mostly disappointing scavenger hunt." 😂 the reason why I love it is because its true! But the times when it isn't disappointing, it is so very worth it. And even sometimes, when it is disappointing, it's still worth it. :)
I love you all! Be kind to one another! 🤟🏻
![]() |
| Bentonvillopoly! |
![]() |
| my comp for the day and the elders in the back! |
![]() |
| eating twix to get us through a busy service day! |
![]() |
| fun hats at service! |
![]() |
| Snow! |






No comments:
Post a Comment