Monday, April 8, 2019

The One Where I'm An Arteest!

Holy General Conference! 
Okay, okay. But, I have to say that there was not a single talk I did not totally love. My goodness, my heart was on fire the entire time! Wowza! I'm so grateful for modern day revelation and guidance! What a time to celebrate being alive and part of this work. ❤🤘🏼

One of my favorite talks was Ronald A. Rasband talking about building fortresses and having watchmen on the towers to protect us. What powerful lessons and analogies! I have set a goal to work harder at becoming more involved with modern day prophets teachings and apply their teachings to my life. Not just listen, but to DO! 

Tuesday was a good day! We had district council on Tuesday because Elder Rhodes was leaving on Wednesday and we wanted him to be able to be there for it. They also gave me a couple of extra minutes at the end of DC to talk about my dear sweet Emily. April 5th marked her 1 year mark of being gone and I wanted to share her story and how remarkable she was to help inspire my people here. I had others tell me that they needed to hear it and I felt as though even though she's gone, the light if her testimony and her infectious spirit lives on. They even held a taco bar afterward and we ate tacos in honor of her. I love my district so much! It was a great day. ❤ After DC, we had exchanges and Sister Stallard came to Bella Vista with me. It was so fun to have her! BV was her very first area on her mission and she leaves in 3 months so she was so excited to be back. We spent the day contacting and getting to know members here. It was wonderful. 

Wednesday, we finished up exchanges and met back up with the other sisters at service. We helped people at the food pantry and held boxes for them while they put what they wanted in the boxes. We get to have conversations with the people and one gentleman I was helping was so kind. He noticed my tag and asked where I was from. We talked about the state of Idaho for a little bit and then I was able to bare my testimony to him about Jesus Christ and how my mission has changed my life. He told me he felt a warm feeling in his chest and that meant he was proud of me. 😊 I tried to follow it up with some missionary discussions but he told me he "wasn't looking to buy". 😂 it was still a tender moment and I'm thankful I had it! 

Thursday I had THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!! A giant thank you to all who sent me letters, cards, and packages! I got totally spoiled. I'm so thankful for the kindness that was shown to me and I wish I had more words to accurately express my gratitude. We started out the day with institute with a group of our wards elderly people and then went to lunch with the Rabys and an elderly sister from our ward. Then we stopped by some other people's homes to drop in for a visit and we felt spiritually uplifted with the discussions we were able to have. And, as we were walking out of one of the homes, we saw that the guy from last week who thought we were JWs, he was outside so we walked up and he was so happy to see us and told us that he did his research and found out that we do in fact support the military! Haha we had a good laugh about that. Then, his girlfriend came outside and was so happy to meet us! We talked to them for some time and then she told us that she is a little interested to know how the ancient civilizations, like the Mayan and Aztec, got there in the first place... I about exploded from excitement. I told her that there are actual ancient records that tell us exactly how. 😉 We gave her a Book of Mormon and she gave us her number in return. SO SO AMAZING!!! 
We finished up with a Relief Society meeting about the Addiction Recovery Program and then knocked on a really kind guys door that we felt we should and got his info to return! It was a great birthday. 

Friday, we met with our girl we're teaching and she brought her friend with her who was also interested and wanted a Book of Mormon! We talked and got to know her and her story a little bit and it was so wonderful. Later that night, Sylvia, an absolutely incredible sister in our ward, picked us up and took us to Chipotle for dinner and then to paint night! We had so much fun and got to know some people there. I even PAINTED A PICTURE. And it looks like what it's supposed to look like! It's a Christmas miracle! 

Saturday, we spent the day with Sylvia and her husband watching Conference. We were able to have the day off because President emailed everyone and told them that we wanted us to rest and rejuvenate and take time to get prepared for new transfers and to work hard. So we came home after conference and decided to go play some tennis. We had fun! It was good to just get out and be together and strengthen our companionship. 

Sunday was also a very relaxed day. We spent the morning session with a wonderful family, the Petersons, at their incredible home on the lake. It's seriously paradise. Then, we headed to the Rabys home to have lunch and finish up conference. 

It was such a wonderful week. I'm very grateful for the time that I was able to spend working hard and then getting to relax and enjoy the feast of the spirit for my soul. I know I keep saying it, but MAN I love General Conference. They are a little toasty toasty and can get serious, but that's my language. I like straight up and serious because then I know that there is very little room to justify or question. And they do it with love! That's the best part. 

I love you all so stinking much! 
Be good, be kind, be missionaries! 
Seek Him and I promise you will find Him and much more. 
Be kind to one another! 

-Sister Young 












No comments:

Post a Comment