Monday, April 22, 2019

The One With Crutches

After a hard day, I sat at the table trying to decide what I should do to lift my spirits. I opened up the Gospel Library on my phone and thumbed through conference talks. I came across a talk given by Elder Renlund back in April 2015 called "Latter-Day Saints Keep On Trying". One quote that I loved from the talk was..

"My invitation to all of us is to evaluate our lives, repent, and keep on trying. If we don’t try, we’re just latter-day sinners; if we don’t persevere, we’re latter-day quitters; and if we don’t allow others to try, we’re just latter-day hypocrites. As we try, persevere, and help others to do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints. As we change, we will find that God indeed cares a lot more about who we are and about who we are becoming than about who we once were."

That spoke to my heart and I knew that if I wanted to continue to travel on the Latter-Day Saint path, I needed to understand that Heavenly Father loves me and I can use that love to help change my heart to be more devoted and driven to follow Him and choose His ways. I'm grateful for a gospel that allows me to do so! 

This week has been filled with ups and downs. It was more slow on the missionary side because of my feet. I've got some gross Plantar warts that are causing me a whole slew of problems and I've been on CRUTCHES this week. 😭 Those puppies are the WORST! My whole body hurts to use them just so my foot won't hurt. 

This week was slow because we couldn't go out much so we did some phone pros and reached out to some people we've been thinking of reaching out to. We set up some appointments and got this next week set up. 

Friday, we did have Zone Conference all day and that was so fun! An amazing family friend from back home came to give a presentation to us about vehicles and it was such a blessing to see her! 
Nancy, I love you so much! Thank you for your hugs and loves. You know how much that meant to me! 😊❤
After Zone Conference, I talked to President Strong about the course of action for my feet. There is a procedure they can do out here to take care of them and the recovery won't take too long. So, I'll be getting some slight surgery in the next week or so. 😆 Missions throw the weirdest curveballs, I tell you what. 

Saturday was a good day! We spent it with members doing visits as much as my foot would allow. Then that night, we went to the adult session of Stake Conference and it was incredible! Amazing speakers and stories shared and the spirit was so strong. I thought surely the next day couldn't be better than that. 

I was wrong! Stake conference on Sunday was amazing, too! It was a beautiful Easter Sunday and it was spent feeling the spirit, talking and rejoicing in Christ! We then went to a members home for Easter dinner and 3 other families showed up and we had a great time getting to know them and gently nudging them and getting them excited about doing missionary work. It was a great day. 

I'm sorry that it's a little lame this week, but I will make sure to write more next week. 

Study Come, Follow Me this week!
Find some time to meditate and think about and connect to Christ. 
Be kind to one another!

- Sister Young


Selfie with Cows. There are so many here. 

service in which I was a supervisor because I have a gimpy foot. 

selfie with Nikki, a lady we taught!

carwash selfie (it was good lighting. Lol)

a picture with Sylvia, Joe, and Herman! Sylvia is a recent convert and is moving to Texas soon. We will miss her so much! Good thing Joe and Herman (her husband and brother-in-law) are staying! 

 Stake Conference selfie! Lol

 I made my favorite thing on this planet for Easter dinner; raspberry pretzel salad! :) #immarthastewartbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment