Is it crazy to anyone else how fast Christmas comes and goes? We had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas. Monday, we spent the entire day together as a district and played games at the church, had a white elephant gift exchange, and that night we got to watch a movie! WE all collectively chose Star Wars, The Last Jedi. I personally wanted to watch Solo but all the Elders wanted the last Jedi and Sister Taylor didn't care so we went with that. It was fun! We set up a projector in the church and sat in our Christmas PJs. It was a fun break from missionary work for a little bit. :) Then the next day, we had service at the hospital. We went with a group called Holidays in Hospitals and they had some tables set up with stuff for the patients to go around and pick out things they liked and/or wanted to give to the people coming to visit them that day. And then after they go through, they can come listen to carolers! Well, the missionaries were the carolers first and they all put me in charge so we sang Christmas songs for a while. As a rule, we couldn't sing any songs that had to do with religion so we sang lots of Santa and Rudolph and frosty songs. But something really neat happened afterward!
We were cleaning up to leave and a gentleman who was in the hospital came over with bandages all down his legs and a neck brace on. He had his wife with him and they asked us missionaries to sing because he missed it so we started to sing Silent Night. (which we couldn't sing just a couple minutes before because we were still doing the charity thing.) We got about 4 words in and he started to cry! The spirit was so strong and we all felt it. I turned around because I could feel such a powerful force and there was the entire group of people who set up the place singing with us. They joined in with us and it really made all of our Christmas mornings so much meaningful. After the song, he sat there and said "Thank you, Lord. Thank you, thank you." through his tears. It was so incredible!
Later that day I got to talk with family and I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time! I love my family; all of them! They make me so happy and I'm grateful we have the opportunity to talk to them and involve them on Christmas.
We went to a Christmas dinner that night with a family who has 3 little kids and we told all of our favorite jokes at the dinner table and the kids were being just these silly goofballs! It made me feel right at home with all the laughter and joy. I loved my Christmas and all the gifts and wonderful kindness that was shown to me was marvelous. I love you all and thank you so so so much for all your kindness to me!
The next day, we did service all day as a district. Raked leaves, tied blankets, packaged goodies, dug out a tree, AND I BEAT ALL THE ELDERS IN THE DISTRICT IN A STICK PULL. That's right. Ya girls a beast. ;) They were sooo surprised but I did it with no struggle. I'm stronger than I lead people to believe! :) We had a great week finishing up our appointments with people and feeling the spirit.
I love you all and I want you to know that Heavenly Father loves you too. He knows each and every one of you individually and is constantly blessing you with things you need and want. I'm grateful to have Jesus Christ as an example of how to live a life filled with happiness and joy. The gospel is restored! I know it, I live it, I love it!
❤ Sister Young
![]() |
| Elder Hahn and Elder Murdock with me sneaking in |
![]() |
| Elder Findlay raked too hard with his man strength. Lol |
![]() |
| All us missionaries in our Christmas PJs! |



No comments:
Post a Comment