Daaaang winter, back at it again with the white snow!.. (refer to Daniel with the white Van's quote)
What a WEEK! We had quite a great week with all the getting used to each other and the ward and the area and everything! It's been fun to get to know people and learn the ropes of the new area. You wouldn't think that the areas would be so different but they are! Driving through Bella Vista, Arkansas is a lot like driving through the Oregon Coast. It's BEAUTIFUL and so lush and... I hate to use this word but it is what it is... moist. It's really such a beautiful place here. And the people are so kind. I think I'm gonna like it here!
We are meeting with two women, Amber and Nikki, who come from strong Baptist beliefs and we get together to talk about the similarities and differences in our beliefs and I have found out that I am a very passionate person when it comes to religion! Oh man, I gotta cool it down sometimes. I can just feel the spirit testify truths to me as I speak and I know with assurance that they are true and I try so hard to bring that knowledge to them. I seem to always forget that people have their agency. Oops. Haha. But they still love me and are very willing to hear me out in all my passionate monologues. It's been good practice. :) Sister Pierce and her old comp had been going to their church every Sunday night so we attended not this last Sunday but the Sunday before that and it was different! I didn't not like it, but it definitely lacked the spirit I'm used to feeling. We both decided that we wanted to cut down on attending because we wanted to spend time with our ward members and getting to know them and so we broke the bad news but she took it well. Amber is very loving and understanding so all is well!
District council was a good time, getting to know everyone was so fun! It's very different than my last district but in all the good ways. There are some wonderful people with wonderful testimonies and outlooks. I'm very excited to get to know everyone and have a wonderful transfer! After district council, two elders came up to me and told me they heard I was a pretty dope sister missionary. I so humbly replied. "You heard right!" 😂 It feels good that I've got a good feeling attached to my name! I'm spiritually dope, y'all! After district council, we did our first exchanges! I went with our Sister Training Leader to her area in Bentonville and we walked around and tracted! It was pretty fun to talk to her and get to know her a little more. We bonded over our love for The Office and Parks and Recreation. WE had a great time! But by that night, she was starting to feel sick, like a cold kinda sick. So we went to bed early and the next morning, she was full-blown sick. So we met up with the other sisters and her comp was sick too! So we went back to our place and cleaned and disinfected everything! Or so we thought.... I forgot to change my pillowcase, where the other sister slept, and I'M SO SICK! Chest colds are HORRIBLE! I hate them so much! I came down with a cough, stuffy nose, pressure in my chest, headache, the whole nine yards. It's a great time. Haha
So, with me being sick, we were pretty much out for the last two days. I slept more than I have my whole life and I've been trying to get my body back to 100% ASAP. It's been good, though. We listened to wonderful conference talks and became more dedicated to the work and set companionship goals for ourselves. It's been great to have this downtime to really get to know each other and reconsecrate ourselves to the work and to the Lord.
A couple of people to pray for would be Amber and Nikki, our Baptist friends. We keep meeting with them and we love their spirits! Yoshi and Sister Coy are slowly coming back to church and are just wonderful in their progress. Also, if you'd like, you can add myself and Sister Pierce to your prayers and to help us find where to go. We want so badly to do the work and with a little extra prayers on our side, we know we can do it.
I want you all to know how much I truly love you and this gospel. Because of the knowledge of the restored gospel, I know I have a deeper sense to love those around me and in my life. Thank you for all that you do for me and that you continue to do for me. I love you all! Until next time!
- Sister Young
I didn't take many pics this week but here's one of us after dinner! We love Chinese food!

No comments:
Post a Comment