Monday, January 21, 2019

The One Where PYT (Pierce-Young Thing) Take Over Bella Vista

God is in the details! 

So much happened this week, it's hard to recall everything that happened. But first and foremost, I love the gospel and I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Isn't it just wonderful?! 

Well, we spent our last P-day getting things ready to leave and tried to get everything packed up (there is a LOT of stuff to pack as a missionary). We also had to clean out our apartment completely so that was another task we had to take on. We worked a lot Tuesday and Wednesday deep cleaning during the day and then going out to do visits at night. It was so difficult to say goodbye to all my ward members. I grew to love them so much; it truly became a second home to my heart. I will love and miss the people of the Highlandville and Nixa wards so much! 

Transfers came on Thursday afternoon. I had so much stuff, its embarrassing. Haha! But the Ozark Elders helped take our things to the church for us because both of us had so much stuff which was awesome because we got to say goodbye to them up at transfers too. We stayed up at the church getting things taken care of and getting our car and sim cards and everything ready for the new Elders taking over our area. We took district pictures and said our goodbyes and my heart was just busting into pieces!! I don't know missionaries do this so often! My heart just broke leaving that wonderful place! I will definitely make a trip back. DEFINITELY. 

Sister Taylor and I made the long haul to Bentonville. About a 3-4 hour drive, depending on if the driver makes a wrong turn or not. #elderwillie #morelikeeldersilly just kidding! He's great! But Sister Taylor and I just held on to each other. We were so scared to leave each other and move on. We really grew to love each other! But we got there and we unloaded all of the stuff and all the Elders were teasing me because they kept pulling things out the trailer saying "who's is this? It's probably Sister Young's!" And they were never wrong. Haha! Then this tiny human yelled my name across the sea of nametags and she came barreling through and clung into me! I already love Sister Pierce SO MUCH! She is such a hugger and just loves everyone! We are essentially the same person, but shes just a mini version. 

Sister Emery Pierce is 5'1 and has been out for just one transfer more than me. She is from South Jordan Utah and has been in Bella Vista for her whole mission. So this will be her 4th transfer here. She's such a hard worker and loves people with her whole heart and nothing less! We have been out working hard in the community since I got here and it's been so wonderful! 

We are teaching and meeting with two women who are best friends and are interested in finding truth wherever they can find it. Amber attends a Baptist church and Nicki goes to a Christian church. They were so excited to meet me and made me feel right at home immediately! Then, on Sunday, we met with Amber and started going through the Come, Follow Me curriculum. She had so many questions and just was okay that our beliefs differed. It was good experience for me! I wanted to just unload all my "gospel vomit" but I had to hold back. Haha 

We then got the opportunity to attend her church with her! It was such a great experience. I felt nothing but love and kindness from the people and they accepted us and loved us just as we were. It was so cool to go out and see how much Christ is loved in other communities. 

If there is nothing else that binds us together, let it be our love for Christ and His gospel. He is a binding force between all of us and even if our outlooks are different, the love is still there, and He asked us to love. So let's just love! 

My new address is 
2551 Forest Hills Blvd
Bella Vista, AR 
72715

I'm so excited for the adventures ahead. I'm excited for what this transfer holds and for the companionship that I already have with Sister Pierce. She's remarkable and I couldn't be more blessed! 

I hope you all know how much I love and appreciate you all! I'm so grateful for your kindness and thoughtfulness. You truly are amazing and are being blessed in so many ways! I love you all! 

- Sister Young 💕

we got snow!

 weekly planning kills us.

One last Elder Hahn selfie on my phone! Feat. Elder Sullivan in the background. 

Sister Pierce and I did service with a member for her neighbor and her daughter kept telling Sister P to "fall asleep". 😂

 The morning of transfers. We didn't want to go. Also, Sister T is stronger than she looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment